For one of our international Pharmaceutical clients Trusted Connectors is currently looking for a Global Head of Commercial Finance and Business Development.
The company, >400MM Euro revenue with different locations across the globe, has a vast range of capacity and capability for (bio)chemical and peptide API production. The company has dedicated facilities and equipment for extraction and purification of chemical API’s with a specific steroid hormones expertise.
To further strengthen the business, to drive integration and to support the future growth ambition of 10%/year, Trusted Connectors has been asked to search for an experienced Business Leader with an extensive background in both business development and finance.
A brief overview of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Develop and implement commercial strategies and lead an integration agenda according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth;
- conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.);
- understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met;
- monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management;
- collaborate with cross functional teams to further develop, continue and speed up future growth (10%/year ambition) and to develop strategic partnerships aimed at enhancing sustainability of the site;
- formulate and execute effective strategies and cohesive financial and development plans including capital investments and if needed also divestments or different operating models or carve out scenario’s;
- assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring;
- contribute to long and short term budget planning.
The ideal candidate is able to grow the business commercially, create buy-in and agreement with internal stakeholders, whilst being responsible for finance.
The ideal candidate should be able to understand the various manufacturing capabilities and develop marketing and commercial strategies to grow revenue and profitability, in order to optimize the utilization of the different manufacturing sites and third party manufacturing. For this, the candidate will preferably have:
- A master degree in commerce, science, finance : MBA would be a plus;
- A solid experience in leading a commercially driven organization with a focus on business development/finance;
- A solid background and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and proven track record in managing international multi-site API / Pharma or fine chemical units with strong exposure on SHE/GMP. Experienced in designing, building and running integrated and customer oriented commercial organizations;
- able to build and maintain a strong global network in the pharmaceutical industry;
- team-player and influencer, being able to collaborate with international senior management and the local teams;
- being able to stimulate innovation, new developments, ideas and concepts and generate sustainable change;
- highly developed leadership and influencing skills.
Feel free to contact us at any time for more information regarding this position.